Chief Constantly crashing.

Justin_Bishop

Hi - Im hoping for some advice.

Im using chief premiere x15 on my MacBook Pro MI 1 with 16gb using Ventura 13.4

When using Chief to create joinery elevations in B/W and sending these to layout everything is fine.

However, in 3D mode, and sending work to layout Chief crashes within 5-6 mins, completely shuts down and disappears. If I haven't manually saved my work, I loose everything ive done in that 5-6 minute session.

Its beyond frustrating!

Has anyone had a similar experience, and has anyone got a solution??

Thanks.

Justin.

Definitely sounds like a system problem but macs are different enough from windows machines that I won't even try and guess how you might fix it.

First thing to do though is see if your mac is on this list:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03167/mac-models-compatible-with-chief-architect-x16-and-home-designer-2025.html

I'm not sure if this is the exact same list for X15 and X16 but I think they are pretty similar.  The other thing you could do is call Chief tech support and see what they have to say.

I had major crashes and I have a loaded M1 max.  I run 100% clamshell to 2 external monitors.  It only occurred in 3D in chief....so I waited for the next chief update.  

I worked without 3D for a while.  Sketchup, auto cad, all worked fine.

Then I decided to see if my hardware was an issue.  Apple ran some tests and told me that they needed to replace things so off to Memphis, TN it was shipped.

They replaced the display and whatever else (the invoice was vague).

It worked great, but just last week during a client zoom, when I was in 3D....chief went completely black.  Now when I go to open chief, it crashes before it loads.......and just tonight, this happened.  

Not a happy camper am I.

CleanShot 2024-09-01 at 01.33.09.png

CleanShot 2024-09-01 at 01.36.02.png