VAULTED CEILING PLANES

CJSpud

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

I am working on a project that calls for 2.5:12 vaulted ceiling planes over the great room/kitchen area and the same vaulted ceiling spec's apply to the covered patio room on the exterior.  For some reason unknown to me, I cannot get the vaulted ceiling planes to show in the great room and kitchen area but I can get them to work for the patio.  I am attaching the plan as is (no foundation yet).  If someone can spot something I am missing or doing wrong, I would greatly appreciate knowing what I need to do to get the vaulted ceiling to work in the great room/kitchen area.  Thanks. 

Lauer Vaulted Patio Ceiling.JPG

V4_Lauer_X16.zip

Glenn:

Now that you've found that, I know how it happened but it didn't dawn on me that there was actually a 2nd floor built.  I had my customer here yesterday and we were doing a bunch of edits on the plan that he wanted.  His builder was here as well and we got to talking about the floor system and how he preferred to use 9.5" I-joists.  My default floor system is 11.875 joists.  So I was going to "quickly" put a crawlspace foundation under the plan and accidentally clicked on the Build 2nd Floor tool.  I should have did an undo but instead switched back to Build Foundation.  I backed out of doing the foundation as I had to make some default edits to get the 9.5" deep floor to build - hence no foundation under the plan I sent.

Thanks for finding that.  I had just upgraded to the latest version of X16 and was seriously wondering if my problem was related to a bug in the update ... but being able to build the vaulted ceiling in the patio room seemed to indicate that there was something I did - something I was missing - hence my post here.