New Plan View

Can anyone help explain how to create a new plan view? I would like to create plan views with correlating layer sets for our construction docs so I can easily pop through them (plumbing, finishes, electrical, furniture) but I can't figure out how to create a new plan view and add it to the drop-down at the top of the page. In tools I see "new plan view" but it just opens a new tab of the same plan. Can anyone guide me on how to do this? I'm sure it's easy, just outside of my wheelhouse! 

Thank you!

x15 Chief Architect

iMac 2019

5 hours ago, Designer_Maddee said:

Can anyone guide me on how to do this?

If your using X15, most of your plan views should already be set.  In your Project Browser, under the folder called Plan Views, there are few already set up.  From that you should be able to "Send to Layout".  Plenty of vids on this too (Bob attached a link).  I'm old school, and we had to do the old way as Jason mentions, but with these OOTB plans, it has helped tremendously.   If these already set plans are not enough, it is real easy to create a new one.

Screenshot 2024-08-10 000712.png

16 hours ago, Designer_Maddee said:

Can anyone guide me on how to do this? I'm sure it's easy

In X15 , in the Project Browser, simple Right Click the closest SPV to what you'd like, and choose Duplicate....

You may , depending on how you use Chief, also need to make a dedicated Default Set, Layerset  etc ( see pic 2) as well, so that the duplicated Settings and Layers

are different, and thus not overwrite the Layers etc from the duplicated SPV. Give the new Default set a corresponding name to the new SPV LAST  (3) .

image.png.e9918602320c2cff78f7ccd937b746db.png  image.thumb.png.59189e723070a581b6d59a812669e573.png