Structure details

leyi123

Hi all,

I am using X15.

I am looking into adding a sheet for wood framing details,  to include things such as standard windows within wood framing flashing details, door to wall, roof to wall, stucco, wall to foundation, flashing membrane, etc. The house is pretty standard 2 stories with 2x4 exterior/interior walls, so general standard details would be good enough. My mentor told me this should be done by architect, not structure engineer.. .Does chief provide/generate these? What is the best way to get this done?

Thanks! Have a great holiday and may the force be with you!

-Leyi

CA always has sample plans on the Home page. 

Not that they may be relevant to your project, but there's really helpful information, as well as some nicely detailed kitchens and baths.

Check out a few of the plans and layouts for some boiler plate details and notes.

Good stuff you will find there. 

I have spoken said Kuill. 

On 7/4/2024 at 12:12 PM, leyi123 said:

so general standard details would be good enough

Chief has some Standard "Starter Details*" , in the CAD Block Library , they may not be applicable Code Wise to your Local though, but will give you an idea on what is needed.

*Those Details can be "unblocked" and altered as needed , just remember everything in Chief is true size (1:1) and not scaled until you send it to Layout.

M.