QUESTION ABOUT UPPER CABINET WITH TWO DIFFERENT DOORS

Sandor09

Good morning dear friends,
I'm once again having beginner's doubts.

I would like to make an upper cabinet for a kitchen. This cabinet is 43" high and 36" wide and has two doors of different widths and styles, the one on the left with glass and the one on the right with a slab door.
I can size the door on the left but I can't finish the door on the right.

The style of the doors was created in a 3D DWG with glass but when I import it as a cabinet model the door only accepts one texture for the entire door, either white or all glass.
Can anyone help me with these two questions?

Thanks!
Attached files

CABINET.JPG

CUSTOM WALL CABINET.plan

3 hours ago, Sandor09 said:

Good morning dear friends,
I'm once again having beginner's doubts.

I would like to make an upper cabinet for a kitchen. This cabinet is 43" high and 36" wide and has two doors of different widths and styles, the one on the left with glass and the one on the right with a slab door.
I can size the door on the left but I can't finish the door on the right.

The style of the doors was created in a 3D DWG with glass but when I import it as a cabinet model the door only accepts one texture for the entire door, either white or all glass.
Can anyone help me with these two questions?

Thanks!
Attached files

CABINET.JPG

CUSTOM WALL CABINET.plan 4.75 MB · 1 download

When you import door items like that they need to have different textures for each item otherwise it will be imported as the same material and will only change completely.  However this is a very basic to build cabinet in Chief. Check out this one and see if its what you need.  It is a full cabinet so it can still be customized more.

Wall Cabinet for Sandor09.calibz

Good morning gents and thak you for your prompt help but I don't want to use standard cabinets doors, I wand to use my own design, similar but different from the standards.

Thanks!

23 hours ago, Sandor09 said:

That can be a typical problem with 3d dwg depending on the original program used. I never found a simple solution but as I remember (poorly) did find a way to map textures to surfaces (slow,tedious) using TurboCad. There could be an easier way but....

There are several ez and quick methods for creating custom doors within Chief. Search the forum.

I have almost entirely used doors I created in Chief for over 10 years. A few folks use Sketchup.

8 hours ago, Sandor09 said:

Good morning gents and thak you for your prompt help but I don't want to use standard cabinets doors, I wand to use my own design, similar but different from the standards.

Thanks!

Not a problem.  Create your door in chief or whatever modeling program you want to use.  But if you try to bring in a DWG 3d file it needs to have the textures separated prior to bringing into chief.  I was just pointing out that the door you are working so hard is in fact in the chief catalog already so you are going through alot of work for nothing.