Flooring direction on stair riser

westvale

Hi Scott, thank you for your suggestion, however I don't quite understand what you mean. I know what material painter is and how to select component mode, but I don't understand how that changes the direction of the flooring on the riser.  I tried it, selecting the material on the tread and "painting" it on the riser, but that didn't change anything. I did try changing the direction of the material but it changed it on both the tread and the riser. 

You need to use two materials, one for the riser and then a different one for the tread.  Then you can rotate the one used for the riser to go the direction you want.  And, if you want it to look right in vector views, you need to make sure to rotate the pattern and the texture (or keep them in sync).

stair materials.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My method use the material eye dropper on the material that has the wrong angle  then select copy selected material on the lower tool bar  then go to texture tab and change texture angle and you should be done. You might need to do the same on stringers at a different angle

this will work in x13 and above 

please do your signature as it is often dependant on your chief version

Edited by Mark3D
To clarify version suitability
  • Like 1