Curtain Walls

raltd9245

I would say no, there is no easy way to draw curtains walls in CA.  That said I think you could come up with some work arounds to make something work but it would likely take a considerable amount of manual work and effort. 

4 hours ago, RL-inc said:

Are you refereeing to a canvas or similar material- that may be see through?

Maybe used to enclose a covered patio type area?

Buy yourself an architectural or construction dictionary and look up "Curtain Wall" Your depth of knowledge is very shallow

• Downvote 11

Hi @raltd9245, looks like that there are only a few Architects using CA ? In residential buildings, a curtain wall is quite rare.

We can mull window components side by side but I haven’t tried mulling them vertically yet. Somebody here might a have a work around for it. I might see if I can test it in CA to see if it will work ?

We also call them shop front windows in our region.

I am not an Architect but an Architectural Technologist because I only do low rise residential buildings and light commercial.

Have a look at this thread as it might help you in the process.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/13909-glass-wall-with-grid-like-molding/

My apologies if I didn't understand the OP request -

I have designed bult several small commercial projects that have utilized canvas wall systems to enclose cover patio seating.

And as for my knowledge of construction being "shallow"..........

After 30+ years in the industry I know enough to realize that I will never know it all - and a can learn something new every day if I am willing to keep my eyes and mid open. ;)

image.png

• Upvote 1