vertically slanted walls (elevation view)

DreamDesign

12 minutes ago, DreamDesign said:

How to create a sloped wall in the vertical plane to connect the top and bottom part of a chimney that was different widths (tapers at the change in width).

chief chimney slant.jpg

Use a roof plane.

If I had to model this, I'd create a cad polyline profile of the chimney in elevation view. I'd use this cad polyline as a snapping guide to adjust the wall polyline. I'd also replicate the polyline twice and convert it to a 3d molding polyline to apply the outside and inside corner trim. And, I would be using a 3d solid for the sloped portions, again using my cad polyline as a snapping guide. All very fast and easy to do. Much quicker than dealing with the variety of settings in various dialogs.

Why not just model the whole thing as a 3D solid, explode it so that each face can be separately textured, and then use the p'line you began with for making the 3D moldings to mock up the outside corner and inside beads?  Modeling it with walls seems more tedious.  You have the two-story-plus end wall that is shaped, two upper walls for the chimney, two lower walls for the fireplace, thus five walls to draw.  Then there are wall connections to deal with, plus whatever happens above the roof.

57 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Why not just model the whole thing as a 3D solid, explode it so that each face can be separately textured, and then use the p'line you began with for making the 3D moldings to mock up the outside corner and inside beads?  Modeling it with walls seems more tedious.  You have the two-story-plus end wall that is shaped, two upper walls for the chimney, two lower walls for the fireplace, thus five walls to draw.  Then there are wall connections to deal with, plus whatever happens above the roof.

Some people want framing.