Working Layer Set and Saved plan views

dougbbuilders

Hello, I have a question that is very hard for my mind to figure out, and probably simple for everyone else.  I have never been able to successfully use Saved plan views.  My question is, when I change my foundation Saved plan view, it also changes my working layer set view.  I am not sure how to change this.  So I then can't remove cabints from my foundastion because it changes the Working layer set. I think maybe that I have always drawn the plan in the Working layer Set.  Should I use a different Saved plan view to begin a new plan?  I would begin in Working Layer set and then save different Saved Plan views for my layout.  I don't quite understand the Working Layer set

4 minutes ago, dougbbuilders said:

Hello, I have a question that is very hard for my mind to figure out, and probably simple for everyone else.  I have never been able to successfully use Saved plan views.  My question is, when I change my foundation Saved plan view, it also changes my working layer set view.  I am not sure how to change this.  So I then can't remove cabints from my foundastion because it changes the Working layer set. I think maybe that I have always drawn the plan in the Working layer Set.  Should I use a different Saved plan view to begin a new plan?  I would begin in Working Layer set and then save different Saved Plan views for my layout.  I don't quite understand the Working Layer set

Your Working SPV got designated to use the Active Layer Set. Change the default by editing the active view to use the working layer set instead of the whatever the foundation SPV is using

• Upvote 1

Saved Plan Views earlier iteration was called Annotation Sets. Saved Plan Views are preprogrammed to group things of a type to a drafting result in terms of layers (on and off), Text for different layers (Electric-Text , Plot Plan-Text, Text, Text-Framing, Text-Framing), so when you select a "Plan Set" it automatically switches to the programmed layer, layer set, Text and CAD layer for theselevted plan set chosen.

DJP

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, dougbbuilders said:

So I then can't remove cabints from my foundastion because it changes the Working layer set

not sure how everyone else does it, but I generally do not use the working layer set. I have my foundation SPV set up, so that any text created on it, is put on a layer Text, Foundation. If you are just using the working plan SPV, and want to accomplish the same thing, you have to change the annotation set (Active default). I find just using the SPVs simpler

The only reason I use the working layer set to to see what is all on the plan, because the "All on set" is too much

2 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Saved Plan Views earlier iteration was called Annotation Sets. Saved Plan Views are preprogrammed to group things of a type to a drafting result in terms of layers (on and off), Text for different layers (Electric-Text , Plot Plan-Text, Text, Text-Framing, Text-Framing), so when you select a "Plan Set" it automatically switches to the programmed layer, layer set, Text and CAD layer for theselevted plan set chosen.

DJP

SPV never existed before just FYI. We never had save floor reference or remember zoom etc.
Default sets were previously called Annotation Sets

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SHCanada2 said:

not sure how everyone else does it, but I generally do not use the working layer set. I have my foundation SPV set up, so that any text created on it, is put on a layer Text, Foundation.

The only reason I use the working layer set to to see what is on the plan, because the "All on set" is too much

I  use the working layer set. No issue with text since my foundation is on floor 0 and there is no other text that would make it onto floor 0 so why not have it on the default text laayer

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

use the working layer set. No issue with text since my foundation is on floor 0 and there is no other text that would make it onto floor 0 so why not have it on the default text laayer

electrical?

suite in basement? 

5 minutes ago, SHCanada2 said:

electrical?

suite in basement? 

My foundation is on floor zero, walkout basements on floor 1...HIGHLY suggest this. You'll find that most of the power users that attend the advanced level  II in Idaho do it this way for a myriad of reasons :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SHCanada2 said:

not sure how everyone else does it, but I generally do not use the working layer set. I have my foundation SPV set up, so that any text created on it, is put on a layer Text, Foundation. If you are just using the working plan SPV, and want to accomplish the same thing, you have to change the annotation set (Active default). I find just using the SPVs simpler

The only reason I use the working layer set to to see what is all on the plan, because the "All on set" is too much

Ok, thanks.  So, do you generally begin drawing on the main floor of your plan and in a main floor plan view or one similar.  I assume all of the in from any SPV is available for any View??  

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

My foundation is on floor zero, walkout basements on floor 1...HIGHLY suggest this. You'll find that most of the power users that attend the advanced level  II in Idaho do it this way for a myriad of reasons :)

I do highly complex custom homes in Wisconsin, so a lot of houses have a full or half exposure basement. If you say have a half or full exposure basement, can you still have foundation on level 0 and the walkout/half exposure on floor 1? Is there a video reference of this somewhere? Right now I have it all on floor zero and it works pretty well for the most part but I am always looking to make improvements. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, AndrewSopher said:

I do highly complex custom homes in Wisconsin, so a lot of houses have a full or half exposure basement. If you say have a half or full exposure basement, can you still have foundation on level 0 and the walkout/half exposure on floor 1? Is there a video reference of this somewhere? Right now I have it all on floor zero and it works pretty well for the most part but I am always looking to make improvements. Thanks.

works well, its just showing your stem wall and footer/footing on floor 0. Much easier to show floor framing views or SOG and also way easier to do a full build out without messing with layer sets etc.
I do not have a video on this cept for in a paid part of my discord where I went over foundations. Surprised if there isnt one floating around somewhere on the net

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

works well, its just showing your stem wall and footer/footing on floor 0. Much easier to show floor framing views or SOG and also way easier to do a full build out without messing with layer sets etc.
I do not have a video on this cept for in a paid part of my discord where I went over foundations. Surprised if there isnt one floating around somewhere on the net

Hey Rene, ... the two extra walls in your toolbar, are they actual tools or are they just library items?

On 1/26/2024 at 1:22 PM, Renerabbitt said:

I am a member on your discord. Where do I find the foundation video? 

1 hour ago, AndrewSopher said:

I am a member on your discord. Where do I find the foundation video? 

I did a seris on foundations in the VIP section of that site. what is your handle on there and I will mention you

17 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

I did a seris on foundations in the VIP section of that site. what is your handle on there and I will mention you

My handle is drews2525, but I wasn't part of the VIP section. I will have to join that at some point first.