texture / pattern on tile vs camera views

Hammer7

A new question....I have a tile pattern set vertical and it shows up accurate in wall elevation but in camera view it is offset grid when I don't want this and it shows up accurately in wall elevation.  What's the deal with that?  A glitch to be reported or am is there a setting to change in the camera view that would alter a tile pattern that shows up correctly in wall elevation view...weird.

Ty

Capture.PNG

terracotta verticle.pdf

Have a look at your material definition.  Your elevation camera is using the "Pattern" since it is a vector view. A typical perspective view will usually use the material "Texture".  They are not directly linked as sometimes you will want them to display differently.  It is your responsibility to set them up the way you like.

48 minutes ago, Hammer7 said:

You guys are correct, how do I change it?

From there you would use the "Select Material" button and go to that specific material in " Plan Materials" if the program does not automatically take you there. Then use the "Edit" button to access the properties.  Now comes the hard part since you somehow did things backwards in the first place.  You will need to find an image file for the texture as that is not generated but needs to be imputed. 

3 hours ago, Hammer7 said:

You guys are correct, how do I change it?

Material vs pattern.PNG

You'll have to use a different Material that already has that stacked bond pattern, or change the Texture image for that Material to one that does:

1479442870_ScreenShot2024-01-26at2_22_07PM.thumb.png.0c905e245c5461aa84f684a9f1561272.png

Either find an image file that is the right color and in a stack bond, or modify the current image in a raster editing program like Photoshop. Editing Texture image files within Chief isn't possible.