layers in cabinets

DenisonDrywall

i have an existing building. I have to make a demo plan and demo plans have dashed lines for items to be removed.. I need to show/represent that the lighter toned items stay and when you have all lighter toned items and this bright/dark lined sink shows up, defeats the purpose.  I work with remodels a lot. Its not a NEW project all the time.  We aren't that lucky in this area to be able to only build new.

as you can see in the attachment, a 'solid' sink defeats the purpose of it being on a demo layer...makes it look like it stays and the rest goes.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 134558.png

2 hours ago, DenisonDrywall said:

How do i change the layer of the sink in the cabinets to match the layer of the cabinet/countertop?

Sink in cabinet is controlled by the "Fixtures, Interior" layer, which doesn't show up in ALDO when the cabinet is selected.

Just go to that layer and change the settings and it will apply to the sink.

If you have other Fixtures on that layer that you don't want that effect applied to, may need to move them to a different layer. Which you can't do with the sink.

29 minutes ago, DenisonDrywall said:

i have an existing building. I have to make a demo plan and demo plans have dashed lines for items to be removed

Man I feel like I'm pushing this feature every other day, but honestly the Reference Display is ideal for remodels. as Chrisb222 said, the layers are controlling all this, but if you have an As-Built plan it can be referenced into the remodel plan using an As-Built layer set where all existing/demo items are drawn using whatever line style you want.

The benefits of this is that we're not just playing with Layers. You'll find out pretty quickly that if you have existing cabinets and you're just changing the layer/line style of them, then hiding them in 3D Views, you're gonna have a hard time putting other cabinets anywhere near those things 'cause they're still there. Reference them from an As-Built plan, keep your remodel plan clean.

Check out https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10266/remodeling-as-built-overlays.html