Resizing text in one direction

capitaldesigns

Is there a way to resize text in one direction only ? Every once in a while I am working on as project that has a title that is a little longer than my title block.
I want to kept the height of the text but reduce the length. In AutoCAD you can reduce or increase an object or text in either the X or Y direction. Is there a way do do this in Chief ?

Thanks,

Mike

I think I know what you mean. As far as text goes, there are really no "anchor points" as in Revit or Archicad. What does anchor is the text alignment. You can Align Left, Center or Right. What I do For Auto Text Layouts that vary in width is Center, Oversize the Text Box left to right, set up the text to Center, and it is good, AS LONG AS THE WIDEST TEXT FITS within the layout configuration. Look at the options in my attachment. If that doesn't fix it, let me know. 

1958977452_Screenshot2023-11-05at4_56_12PM.thumb.png.51f68dc897897ad26de096102568260a.png

• Upvote 1

It sounds to me more of what they were asking was more like in programs with a lot more robust text editing capabilities where you can adjust line spacing, space width, kerning, character width, etc. CA doesn't really have any of that. Well, except Line Spacing, but there's loads of things you can do to text, broadly speaking, that we can't do with CA.