Get roof to be coplanar.

DevotieC

58 minutes ago, DevotieC said:

How do I make this roof automatically coplanar and get the ridge line to line up but keep the duckbill over the end of the back porch.

RIGHT 11.01.23.jpg

There is a Make Coplanar tool as well as a Join Roof Planes tool in your Edit Toolbar when you select a roof plane.

I was going to recommend the same thing as Rene @Renerabbitt (I think it's Rene, no name in signature), but it looks like you are wanting it done with 'auto' roofs.  If so, I 'assume' you have the patio wall set up to have an 'upper pitch' to match the main span....  In that case, in that same upper pitch settings, change the 'in from baseline' distance to get them to align.

You may need to provide more information or a plan if we aren't getting you were you need to get.

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BenPalmer said:

In that case, in that same upper pitch settings, change the 'in from baseline' distance to get them to align.

This ^^.

Increasing the In From Baseline literally pushes that transition point back, lowering the height of the upper roof plane. Just increase it an inch or so at a time until you dial in exactly how far back that transition needs to be.

The only other way would be to lower the porch ceiling height, which would lower the transition height as well. But that's probably not ideal.

• Upvote 1

Good call. Extend Slope Down is a great way to force it to lower the baseline to wherever it needs to be to make that height work -- depending on the heights though, again potentially not an ideal solution. A good one to keep in your back pocket for when its needed though for sure.

FWIW I've been caught by that overhang thing a few times, myself. If you break a roof edge then immediately try to Join one of the two, it merges the collinear edges BEFORE joining. Pretty annoying, tbh. Gotta pull an edge back first to avoid the automerge.