GLASS

decorators3

When I  passes and or time  for some reason the program does not show me how much time or passes have elapsed.

I can let it ray trace overnight -  so I am assuming the longer it ray traces the "sparkles" disappear .  I though it might have something to do with the "index of refraction" which I have no idea what it means and can't seem to get explanation from the knowledge base except for a small mention. it is set at 1.5 but that's as much as I know about it

I will let it run but that takes up a lot of time when i have several projects going at  the same time

Thanks for your reply

Levina

2 hours ago, decorators3 said:

these sparkles appear in the  glass

Some of the Best Info on the Forum for Info on the Old CPU RayTracing is still Graham Korbey's  2017   " Lets CPU RayTrace" Thread here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/14512-lets-ray-trace/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-130373

and specifically Speckles.........

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/14512-lets-ray-trace/?do=findComment&comment=124786

Mick.

With the CPU ray trace, when glass reflects thru glass – as you have with the lower glass railing in front of the windows, those sparkles will not disappear.  

If you use the PBR ray trace, we have a denoise option that removes the sparkles. The settings for the PBR exterior ray trace will be different than those used with the CPU ray trace.

2 hours ago, decorators3 said:

thanks my PBR EXTERIOR RENDERINGS ARE NOT GOOD

Not sure if your Signature is upto Date ?   re X11,  but Scott's advice likely is aimed at X15 which is based on the totally new PBR View that came in X13, but Graham Korbey also has a thread called "Let's PBR" that covers versions upto X12.

Mick

Thank you  this info.. I have CA 11 so I would have been trying and trying to get the results that Scott has achieved but I do thank him for his input and have his answer saved to my computer.  When I can afford the upgrade I will have a go to his instructions.

Appreciate all your replies

Cheers

Levina

1 minute ago, decorators3 said:

Thank you  this info.. I have CA 11 so I would have been trying and trying to get the results that Scott has achieved but I do thank him for his input and have his answer saved to my computer.  When I can afford the upgrade I will have a go to his instructions.

Appreciate all your replies

Cheers

Levina

Scott would need to comment back but as a Chief Employee I am sure He is using X15 and may not of noticed your Signature.

Chief is now all subscription , at $200mth/$2000 yr  though I think for the 1st yr they still offer 50% off the 1st yr if you upgrade to the latest version.

Mick.

@scottharris