Build Terrain Icon Stuck

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by Evolution,

I added a terrain feature, on a back up plan to see how I could quickly modify the terrain on the Lake House plan and for some reason, I cannot get the Build Terrain icon to go away. I wouldn't ask if I KNEW how to get rid of it. I couldn't find anything under edit defaults, or tools, where else to look?

post-1662-0-01731200-1424377513_thumb.png

Bob, Always smart to do a goggle search. I searched  "build terrain icon in chief architect" - came up with this.

If 'auto build terrains' is unchecked as soon as you modify a terrain that little icon shows up. And of course your response might be, "But I never changed it to begin with." Computer magic for sure.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/2153-my-build-terrain-icon-shows-up-next-to-my-arrow-cursor-after-building-terrain/

There are at least 2 ways to get rid of it:

1.  Build the terrain.  This will make it go away until you change anything that affects the terrain.

2.  Turn on auto rebuild terrain.  This will make it stay off because the program will rebuild the terrain anytime you change anything. 

• Solution

ArthurDent, on 19 Feb 2015 - 3:22 PM, said:

There are at least 2 ways to get rid of it:

1. Build the terrain. This will make it go away until you change anything that affects the terrain.

2. Turn on auto rebuild terrain. This will make it stay off because the program will rebuild the terrain anytime you change anything.

So, THAT's what did it. I turned off auto rebuild terrain, because for some reason, I get the message something like, auto rebuild terrain, interpolating (something) etc., etc., I'm not sure what that is or how IT got turned on, but when it DOES do that it takes forever to go from one operation to the next, like moving a door then you sit and wait.