Place Library Item Issue

KilianDrafting

I have an issue after placing an item form my library into my plan view. Once I place the item and enter a new command (even the select object command), when I switch over to a layout, the "place cad block" command shows by default causing the layout to be covered by the ghost image it is trying to place. Is this a bug or did something get saved in a template that is causing the problem

1336583751_ChiefPlanViewPlaceCadBlockCommand.thumb.png.8268982b995580e6c13ce2caa9514db9.png           294958034_ChiefLayoutPlaceCadBlockdefaultcommand.thumb.png.bbc274066652e09b7c2afd3390ae54b9.png

1 minute ago, KilianDrafting said:

It seems like it gets stuck on that particular command. It also does the same thing in reverse going from layout to plan.

I have noticed that as well and it does not seem to serve any useful purpose that I have been able to think of.  Perhaps if it was a sticky option it may come in handy for something ?

6 hours ago, KilianDrafting said:

I have an issue after placing an item form my library into my plan view. Once I place the item and enter a new command (even the select object command), when I switch over to a layout, the "place cad block" command shows by default causing the layout to be covered by the ghost image it is trying to place. Is this a bug or did something get saved in a template that is causing the problem

1336583751_ChiefPlanViewPlaceCadBlockCommand.thumb.png.8268982b995580e6c13ce2caa9514db9.png           294958034_ChiefLayoutPlaceCadBlockdefaultcommand.thumb.png.bbc274066652e09b7c2afd3390ae54b9.png

If the item you originally placed was a CAD block, then yes, this annoying behavior is built in and has been lamented at length on this forum! You just need to press escape or space bar to clear the object. Get used to it!

Are you sure it isn't just the same old Chief "Sticky Cursor Issue" , I still have it and was Helping a Client today , and they also had it ......

It just looks larger in Layout as it is showing at true scale in layout

Mick.