Re-order a Custom Toolbar

robdyck

When I create a custom toolbar using multiple Place Library Object tool buttons, can I re-order the arrangement of these buttons in that toolbar? I wasn't smart enough to add them in alphabetical order, but that is how I'd like them arranged.

On a different note, I wouldn't need these toolbars if I could have multiple library browser windows. Is that possible?

For example, when detailing a section view, I have my own library of frequently used fill patterns. These are most easily accessed from the library especially because of the large visual size of the preview compared to the tiny size of a library tool icon. If I could have a separate library browser window, then these could remain available while I use the library for other things in the midst of the detailing process.

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

If I could have a separate library browser window, then these could remain available while I use the library for other things in the midst of the detailing process.

Question so I can direct you to some really cool answers. Do you use a device that can do keystroke sequences?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

When I create a custom toolbar using multiple Place Library Object tool buttons, can I re-order the arrangement of these buttons in that toolbar?

Absolutely, open up the Customize Toolbar dialog and just click n drag 'em. You can drag them within a toolbar or onto new toolbars, just be careful because what you CAN'T do is drag a button off one toolbar and off to make a new toolbar. If you drop it somewhere else it just removes the button entirely.

• Like 1

As TT said they can be moved around once the Toolbars are unlocked, it is best NOT to try and drag it to the very bottom/end though, or they tend to disappear as he said, best to drop the Icon between the last two and then drag the bottom/end one up/back one....

Not sure I understand the Library Browser part, do you not have it on a 2nd monitor already?  

M.

• Like 1

@Renerabbitt I don't have any device like you mentioned. I rely on typed searches in the library. I've gotten used to the 2 letter search approach. The first 2 letters of the words in the name bring what you want almost right to the front, especially if you select catalogs or use a filter. The first 3 letters of the words in the name is of course even more accurate.

@Kbird1 And I realize I worded the 2nd part of my question very poorly. Y'all were suppose to just know what I meant I guess!

I would like multiple library browsers! So a library browser that is separate...from the library browser! 

@TeaTimeDuh! Thanks for pointing out the obvious! That gives you an idea as to how long it's been since I made any adjustments to my toolbar. In hindsight I realize it was a silly question. How did I think I arranged my other custom toolbars?! 

I think having the customize dialog window open threw me off...just used to the background window not being active while another window is open in the foreground.

I'm sharing an image of the library that I referred to. Obviously this is much easier to see and use than the small too icons, especially seeing as the icons look very similar at the reduced size.

image.thumb.png.574aa01e101e162f7145a57f43ee6641.png