Transparent Screen Material in Vector/Elevation view

TyDesign

I have been trying to figure out how to have a transparent screen material that is transparent in Vector/Elevation view. Screen material is being shown correctly in the Standard Full Camera view. Any help would be appreciated! Both views are attached to this post.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 141044.png

Screenshot 2023-06-30 141207 VV.png

54 minutes ago, TyDesign said:

I have been trying to figure out how to have a transparent screen material that is transparent in Vector/Elevation view. Screen material is being shown correctly in the Standard Full Camera view. Any help would be appreciated! Both views are attached to this post.

Screenshot 2023-06-30 141044.png

Screenshot 2023-06-30 141207 VV.png

This answer completely depends on the version you are using.  Please add your signature so we can tell.

What screen material are you using. You can probably use the "rainbow" tool to edit the material to make it more transparent. I created my screen material from the "glass block" material in Chief...and adjusted the material definition. 

2023-06-30_16-08-13.thumb.png.dee9438920fd7bfc7f3ab5fe6e53d655.png

@SNestor I'm not having the issue in the 3D camera view. This is more for the Elevation/Vector view cameras. My work around has been drawing CAD boxes while adding a grid pattern and changing the transparency, in place of the screen. I'm trying to avoid the extra steps if possible.

27 minutes ago, TyDesign said:

@SNestor I'm not having the issue in the 3D camera view. This is more for the Elevation/Vector view cameras. My work around has been drawing CAD boxes while adding a grid pattern and changing the transparency, in place of the screen. I'm trying to avoid the extra steps if possible.

The view in my post is a vector view. Same as an elevation camera...it's a vector view which is controlled by the "rendering technique". 

You should just go purchase my Screened Porch Library and save yourself a lot of hassle. 

Section Elevation Camera...vector view;

2023-06-30_16-56-05.thumb.png.93e71e834758297a6fbc6640bb0226d4.png

1 hour ago, TyDesign said:

@rgardner I am currently using X15.
Desktop: Windows 11, 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700, GeForce RTX 3080

I recommend you put this in your forum sig. so you don't need to do it every time you post a question....