ARCHED UPPER CABINETS

sthieldesign

Yes there is. But it is not simple. Be a nice learning experience if you want to go down the rabbit hole.

First make a door. 

image.thumb.png.67268a56ac906e64d178b32d87d05653.png

1. Draw pline the size you want (or the size minus the molding width). #1 img
  2. Set the angle for the molding at the top #1
  3. Place a guide line at center, split the topt line. #2
  4. Make each section of the top a curve #2
  5. I started with a final size so used concentric mode to resize it. #3
  6. Convert pline to a a counter and add moldings. Note this is a lot easier if you have the exact molding drawn. I just grabbed some thing laying around.

Now convert that to a cabinet door symbol.

1. Since this was made in plan it has to be rotated along the X axis to get it vertical.
  2. Then I altered the bounding box to sit at the bottom of the top curves.
  3. Then I set the stretch plane above the height of the symbol so that it will not resize.
  4. 4 Double check the Y origin to make sure it is at the back of the door symbol. IF not move it.

image.thumb.png.289ea9d903117a4d0c0de5619fb079a1.png

I never remeber which way Chief will use these, left or right. The first one I made was backwards. So dropped it in plan, opened, "reflect geometry" save as a new cabinet door symbol. Set bounding box and stretch plane.

That would take care of the doors at the bottom. 

You would then have to make a door panel for the top. Which is much harder. I'd likely make that as a single door panel for the front and another to use on each side. Might even make that in a new plan, copy the first on. First thing would be to take an elevation of the cabinet, then a detail from view for that. In the detail delete some lines you don't nee. Then get all the line of the top curves to join up by clicking them one at a time until you have the full curve.

There may be a way to make the shape of the top as a solid with flat surfaces, then explode it, the find a way to add moldings...but I'm done for now.  

Good luck.

image.thumb.png.30fd7c01fe0f66f32433b3a3c5a921da.png

Copy and paste in place in the elevation, convert to a 3D molding line and apply a molding. convert to a door symbol doing all as before. Then make straight sides.

Will need to do some adjustment at the corners. Likely the easiest way would be to place the doors in plan and start moving them until the corners were sufficient. Will never be perfect.

Did this with the doors I just made, image.thumb.png.3e54c47399dcf66ae0c2d1cc901bcdae.pngflipping one over for the side..