tool bar question

VHampton

Thank you. 

Sometimes it does nothing.  Sometimes it offers "grid view".

Which does absolutely nothing when you click on the option. 

It's a useless visual annoyance, even though I can ignore it after a while. 

My "palette options" has a "fit palette" as well as the option to change the display from "grid view" to "list view".  Maybe it looks different depending on how you have the palette setup?

The "gear" button actually appears in several other places, like in the ALDO and the library browser.  It usually has settings that are relevant to the window that is in.  Hovering over it should also give you a better description of what it does.  Once you get used to it being there, you might find it kind of handy to know where to go to change your settings.

1 hour ago, VHampton said:

Sometimes it does nothing.  Sometimes it offers "grid view".

Well.

Thats perplexing. I don't know that the tool palettes gear ever does nothing at all. But, yeah it looks to me like this is the tool palette window and it's not feeling well.

16 minutes ago, SNestor said:

If you have set up to use "drop down"...then this gear should disappear. 

I dont think this is accurate actually - the Child Tool Palette mode relies on this side window, so if it's closed and you select a tool it'll reopen automatically, but if you're already in Drop Down mode, that side window is optional. I don't think it closes on it's own.

I'd go to Preferences, Reset Options, Reset Side Windows. That'll put the tool palette back to it's default location and you can just close it if you don't want it.

Thanks much to Steve, DB, and Mr. T

I reset the side windows, and did a factory reset of the toolbars.

The cog showed up as the "Tool Palette" which I never use. 

Somehow this feature got a bit messy after the Library "snapped" to the left side toolbar a few times too many. 

Much appreciated. 

Snip20230606_6.png

image.png

• Upvote 1