Winder stair railing issue.

dskogg

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Stairs on chief are the bain of my existence!

My last tread at top has a rail and pickets on right side even though its tight against top rail, anyone have a solution to this?

I could turn off rail on right but then it turns off at bottom too, I need rail on right at bottom.

1788678769_winderstair3dview.thumb.jpg.d7cfded54b3570f4570c1e36a5438764.jpg 1547043788_winderstairupperfloor.thumb.jpg.7f098276a01f96c9c4ddbdc094c878bf.jpg 907288898_winderstairlowerfloor.thumb.jpg.b933415ab3255eee38053a3b5f610d98.jpg

24 minutes ago, dskogg said:

I could turn off rail on right but then it turns off at bottom too

Are you using Shift to select only the top tread segment?

Just selecting will apply changes to all segments, but you can restrict settings to one section by shift-selecting.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Are you using Shift to select only the top tread segment?

Just selecting will apply changes to all segments, but you can restrict settings to one section by shift-selecting.

This should work I think.....  but YMMV :) 

Mick

• Solution

But this railing is not working correctly is it?

Maybe, maybe not.  I think the rule that chief uses is that if the stair is against a wall, it will build a handrail and if not against a wall, it will build a normal railing.  In your picture, it looks like you have a single step between the landing and the next floor.  I'm guessing that either there isn't a wall there or the program just doesn't see it for some reason. I *think* it only looks at the walls that are on the floor where the stair was drawn and not the walls on the floor above.  

In either case, the solution is to just manually turn off the railing for this top section.  And the easiest way to do that is to select it using the shift key and turn it off in the stair dialog.