Anyone Have This Happen?

ARF_PSG

So.., I know this may sound counter productive and not make much sense to the 99%, but i think i might have found a bug in the software (X-15).  Here's what happened:

When placing a default interior door I set the size to 2880 (Its a Swing door).  I then converted the door to a symbol and renamed it (I find it quicker for myself, to pick a premade door from the library browser). I then placed the door on a wall with perfect success.  It has all the components that I want and the type that i want. .  Here's where things get wonky.... I then change the size of the door to a 2080 and convert it to a symbol once again.  The difference now is it turned the new symbol door into a bifold door.   Does anyone know why a Hinged door would revert to a bifold door when the size is 24" or smaller?  Is this a bug Chief Crew?  

I'm thinking this is something coded into the door logic -- I tested making a generic panel, a 3D Solid, an inch thick, 90" tall, 28" wide. Convert to Symbol - placed just fine, 28" wide door. (made of concrete, Perfect!)

Did the same at 26" - 26" hinged door.

Tried a 24" -- yup, 48" bifold.

I think the logic there is that if you're selecting from the Library a small enough panel, the assumption is that you wouldn't want to use that for a single panel door - 24" is too small. The only thing that size panel makes sense for is a bi-fold. Of course this is specifically when selecting the panel in the Library and just placing it right into a wall. Since we're not selecting a door TOOL, it's making an assumption. If we were to edit our door defaults to use that new 24" panel, that's a different story.

Alrighty.. So here's the next solution i need.  My default door Size is a 2880.  I place the door, i then resize it to a 2068.  I then convert to a symbol, and show advanced settings.  I then select Hinged. from Options.  This will make my door 24" however the height is no longer 80" its back to 96".  when i go into the object properties the height is 80", but on the floor plan its 96" How would i get around that? 

4 hours ago, ARF_PSG said:

Alrighty.. So here's the next solution i need.  My default door Size is a 2880.  I place the door, i then resize it to a 2068.  I then convert to a symbol, and show advanced settings.  I then select Hinged. from Options.  This will make my door 24" however the height is no longer 80" its back to 96".  when i go into the object properties the height is 80", but on the floor plan its 96" How would i get around that? 

You are saying it’s a 32”x96” door and when you go to place it then it’s a 32”x96” door….  You sure you aren’t confusing the 80 8’-0” as 80” in your mind?