Send Elevation 'Clipped' To Layout?

HumbleChief

Not that I'm aware of, though it's not a bad idea. 

I'd just use the Zoom tool to draw a box tight within those clip lines, to auto zoom into that area, then in Send to Layout, be sure to use "Current Screen"

I'm always changing the layout box width for the same reason. One thing which might make it one step less would be to use contruction lines drawn in plan view, as they show up in elevation. so you could reduce the width of the layout to just inside the contruction lines in layout, rather than drawing clip lines on your elevation. because if you had a rectangular lot, they could be used for both front and rear elevations.

Unless of course you do not actually use clip lines today( I do not, I sit there and approximate). I used to use CAD lines in layout to line things up, but becuase of the different sizes of buildings it seems like I was always moving them around

On 5/11/2023 at 3:57 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

Open your Camera Specification and study your Scene Clipping options for a minute.

Thank Michael, apologies for the late reply, been out of town. I think I see the setting you are referring to but can't seem to get what I'm looking for? Missing something as usual? or is what I'm asking for not doable at this stage in X15? Thanks

• 1 month later...