Chief Architect Will not Open

DCortes

Good afternoon Folks, for some godly reason my Chief Architect 13 will not open up.  The main screen opens then that Welcome screen opens up but just sits there and spins hour glass.  I called and being that I am out of SSA Agreement they want to charge my $1,050 dollars just to talk to Tech Support.  I'm retired I do not make that much money on Social Security to pay $1,050.00  Im wondering if there is anyone that might have a solution or any idea what might be the issue.  I last updated my library two-three weeks ago and everything was fine.  

Someone please help if you can

Have you made any other changes to your computer or file systems ?  If you are using any script files and one of them is corrupt or throwing and evaluation error then chief will fail without warning.  The more info you can provide the more feedback you will potentially get.

Thanks, and none of those issues.  I believe my computer must have done an windows Update and changed a setting.  Sitting and thinking about it and I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still did not work.  So I remembered I have a similar issue about 4 years ago and I wrote down what Tech Support told me to do after being on the phone with them for almost 2 hours.  I wrote everything down and saved it but could not remember what I save it as.  Well I found it and tried it and it solved the problem. I have a habit of writing things down, but could not remember the name.  It anyone else has the same issue I'll be more than glad to help and not charge $1,050.00 for a 1-2 minute fix.  My number is on this

Thanks For you help

Dave Cortes

(607)765-3375

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/11/2023 at 11:48 AM, DCortes said:

Well I found it and tried it and it solved the problem.

Well that is good news and I'm sure other Users in the future would appreciate you Posting the Fix  certainly I have never experienced this particular problem.

M.

Issues with Chief Architect not fully opening on screen but will open when clicking directly on the file.

Right click on “Windows Icon”

Select Computer “Management”

Click on arrow next to “Services and Applications”

Click on “Services”

Click on the first file no matter what it is:

Now press the letter “N” they will be placed in alphabetic order.

Select “Nahimic Service

Double Click on it and select Startup Type  In down arrow select DISABLE

Then RIGHT Click on it  and select STOP

You want to “Disable it and then Stop it”

Close everything and reboot system

• Like 1

Oh ok,  well I have not experienced the Issue you have but Nahimic Service is a known incompatibility of Chief's, so I am surprised Tech. Support wouldn't at least tell you that, and it was an Issue on my Asus Laptop ( in Sig.) until I removed Sonic Radar (only) but keep Sonic Studio. 

For me it was usually related to also using more than 1 monitor  (multi-monitor) .........

This is my write-up on my fix for that......

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/28384-multi-monitor-issue-fix-for-computers-with-nahimic-audio/?tab=comments#comment-226782

Mick.