background clipping elevation in Layout

Gawdzira

Why does this happen and how can I change it? I tried changing the camera clipping in the cross section camera but it did not change this cropping of the elevation sent to Layout as a live view. Do I need to change the defaults for cameras?

image.thumb.png.5aea25669aea29b7b597754fd61d0a2c.png image.thumb.png.ca36123923e61500c3478b1dee684e90.png

Is that a backdrop or are you just using an image?  It looks like an image that has been squished to mess up the aspect ratio.  Not sure that this would be affected by camera clipping though.  Maybe layout box clipping?  At this point, I am just throwing out ideas.  Probably best to post the plan.

The image for the backdrop is an image from my user library imported to be a background. I just replaced it with a background from the CA library base and it made no difference. I have also tried both going to layout as the screen and the entire plan. No difference.

Huh. I don't ever have backdrops in my elevations so I've never seen this before, but it seems to be stretching Backdrop images "to fit", but it's basing the size off the "Entire Screen/View" size.

I made a quick random plan and sent it Current Screen to make sure that it got as much backdrop as possible, but

image.thumb.png.f4e51a349ebaef0e879113f1ee20ca7a.png

but add a Terrain and

image.thumb.png.5beaf45807be8cd8ed722c095da6e77a.png

Yeah I'd send this to Support.

I played around with this a bit and it seems like backdrops don't really work that well with elevation views.  It looks like they are getting stretched to fit the original box size based on what is in the view and I couldn't find a way to update it.  You might want to report this to Chief to see what they say.  You might want to make your own "backdrop" by just using the image as a material on a surface that sits behind the house.  Maybe someone else has better ideas?

2 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

I played around with this a bit and it seems like backdrops don't really work that well with elevation views.  It looks like they are getting stretched to fit the original box size based on what is in the view and I couldn't find a way to update it.  You might want to report this to Chief to see what they say.

Slowpoke ;)

2 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

You might want to make your own "backdrop" by just using the image as a material on a surface that sits behind the house.  Maybe someone else has better ideas?

that's what I'd do -- slap a Billboard Image back there and get your layout printed.

Curious as well regarding why the viewport doesn't always show a taller backdrop. 

Previous versions have behaved this way (as far back as X10)

Now I send the live camera view to layout (at the desired scale) and park it outside of the page borders. 

(Camera view is then readily accessible for when the design may go through modifications). 

Step 2 involves re-sending the same camera as an image where it can be stretched to scale.

(This method also results in PDF prints being greatly reduced in size, which is a plus).