Round Image Corners in Layout

DefinedDesign

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

8 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes it does work for images in layout at least as far back as x8.  Just as DB describes.  However it did get broken at some point and has since been fixed.

Hmmm , well I tried it in X15 before posting to be sure and there are no Fillet options on an Image ( Picture File Box )  only on LO Boxes and Live Cameras sent to LO. .......But maybe I an doing something wrong?

image.thumb.png.6e679ab4ff2021294344c46990a7d836.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Hmmm , well I tried it in X15 before posting to be sure and there are no Fillet options on an Image ( Picture File Box ) 

Sorry you might be correct.  My signature is actually current.  It is just me that is currently out of date. ;)

The op was asking about x12 but if it does not work in x15 send it in by all means.

• Like 1

• Solution

Layout boxes and other polyline things have the "fillet lines" tool on the edit toolbar.  A handy little tool that let's you set the fillet radius and either fillet a single corner or all the corners at one time.  

Images (AKA "picture file boxes") don't have that tool (not sure why), but you can still fillet them by holding down the "F" key while dragging a corner.  I don't know if there is a way to set the exact radius though and it only fillets all corners..  Must be something with the way images work that is different then polys because you can't make the image box any shape you want either.

I think this works the same in X15 as it did back in X12 although I did not notice if it had been broken at some time along the way.

I wasn't sure if @DefinedDesignwas using actual images or sending a view to a layout so I was covering both bases by suggesting to hold down the "F" key.

BTW, if you want to create an arbitrary shape for an image on a layout, you could always put it into a cad detail first, and then send the detail to the layout, and then edit the shape of the layout box.  Boom, best of both worlds.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Layout boxes and other polyline things have the "fillet lines" tool on the edit toolbar.  A handy little tool that let's you set the fillet radius and either fillet a single corner or all the corners at one time.  

Images (AKA "picture file boxes") don't have that tool (not sure why), but you can still fillet them by holding down the "F" key while dragging a corner.  I don't know if there is a way to set the exact radius though and it only fillets all corners..  Must be something with the way images work that is different then polys because you can't make the image box any shape you want either.

Okay thanks DB, yes it was the Fillet Tools I didn't see on the Toolbar for Pics but I see now with the F Key held if you drag a corner , it arcs concentrically until it is a (max) full 1/2 round................  you might get a Full Circle if needed,  by adjusting the pic box to be a square in size 1st, i didn't try that.

image.thumb.png.3e4b2af20c32e66aaf34a8e837dda472.png 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

I think this works the same in X15 as it did back in X12 although I did not notice if it had been broken at some time along the way.

I wasn't sure if @DefinedDesignwas using actual images or sending a view to a layout so I was covering both bases by suggesting to hold down the "F" key.

BTW, if you want to create an arbitrary shape for an image on a layout, you could always put it into a cad detail first, and then send the detail to the layout, and then edit the shape of the layout box.  Boom, best of both worlds.

Thanks so much!!!