Schedule Question

JKEdmo

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

I use keynotes in my plans.

When I delete the last plan keynote/callout, it deletes the corresponding schedule entry/row.

Here's my question  - there are times I want to keep the schedule row intact and just rename it to "(not used)."  Namely, during permit plan check where I do not want schedule renumbering in order to keep the keynote numbering unchanged and therefore to make the plan reviewer's job easier.

How do I keep the schedule row from deleting if the last plan callout is deleted?  Do I need to keep a callout "placeholder" off to the side of the plan in order to keep the row entry intact?

Thanks again,

Jim

3 hours ago, scottharris said:

does that solve it ?

HI Scott,

I don't think that's what I'm looking for, but perhaps my original question was confusing.  I'll try to rephrase:

Is it possible for a schedule row to have an entry even if there is no note specification associated with it?

Reason being is there are times I need to delete every instance of a particular keynote in plan, yet I'd like to keep its numbered schedule row entry and change the contents to "not used."  This is usually when I'm responding to permit plan check comments.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again,

Jim

10 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

HI Scott,

I don't think that's what I'm looking for, but perhaps my original question was confusing.  I'll try to rephrase:

Is it possible for a schedule row to have an entry even if there is no note specification associated with it?

Reason being is there are times I need to delete every instance of a particular keynote in plan, yet I'd like to keep its numbered schedule row entry and change the contents to "not used."  This is usually when I'm responding to permit plan check comments.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again,

Jim

Try using find from schedule group change to not used and either move them all by cutting and pasting or deleting all but one.  I will sometimes place notes in the cad detail where my schedule is off to the side that is cropped out of the layout view.  Some reasons are for custom items to be added or sub groups within the same nite style.

Thanks Glenn and Ryan for both your input.  I guess having a placeholder note off to the side is the way to go.

It did not occur to me you can have the note callouts in the cad detail next to the schedule.  Seems like that's a good way to have your schedule "preloaded" with standard notes you use before they get placed in plan.

Jim