Schedule Numbering Glitch?

KristjanM

I really like to have my window (or door) number represent what floor the object is on. I know I can do this manually but would like to use CA's numbering capabilities. I have seen a number of posts with regard to this but none provide a good solution. I also am aware that I can just add the floor number field to the schedule. So... using floor_number as a macro reference in the Schedule Number Prefix field, I can get the window number to display correctly on a plan view. On floor 1, I get numbers stating with 1. On floor 2, I get numbers starting with 2. However, the window schedule does not display the correct numbers. If I use the ObjectProperties macro, the floor numbers are correct. A glitch or what??

Image 001.jpg

Image 002.jpg

Image 003.jpg

Window Numbering.plan

The macro %floor_number% is pulling for each object. Meaning it is also reporting what floor the schedule is on and not the windows. Cutting and pasting on second floor changes the shcedule numbers to W2-xx. Sorry that's not much for help on how to fix it but perhaps the 'why'.

Just tried something else. I have a custom field - Window #. I defined this as %schedule_number%. For example - window labeled as W205 on the plan view reports as W105 on the schedule. In object properties, schedule number is W205. Just seems like a glitch to me.

Yes that works although there is an unwanted leading 0 in numbers above 9. ie. W208,W209, W2010, W2011. Thanks for the tip. I will have to play around some more. As great as the improvements in X15 are, I could do with much better flexibility in schedules for a start..

2 hours ago, KristjanM said:

Yes that works although there is an unwanted leading 0 in numbers above 9. ie. W208,W209, W2010, W2011. Thanks for the tip. I will have to play around some more. As great as the improvements in X15 are, I could do with much better flexibility in schedules for a start..

Why not stitch schedules together based on floor and have W1-xx W2-xx etc?  Very simple and accomplishes what you want.

If you're willing to pay for a little of my consulting time, I could set up a custom system that would fully automate this exactly like you want.  Using the standard built in macros and methods though, I think your best bet is to either:

1. Do as @rgardner suggested and just use multiple schedules
  2. Do as @Chopsawsuggested but get rid of the leading zero and maybe use something like a dash instead
  • Upvote 1