random cad file stuck in my plan

rnmbj1906

I have been places cad notes from the chief library onto my plan.  When doing so I accidentally left one out there that I didn't see.  I can't seem to delete it.  I click on it, but it won't grab so to speak.  Does anyone know how to remove? I have circled it.  The bottom is my layout file open.

image.thumb.png.eee9469fd154b9f975d9c7ebad157daa.png

You need to go to the plan file to delete it.

Should be able to right click it, then select open view. IF you can't do that then the view is likely on Page 0. Anything on that page will show up in every layout page but can't be selected on any of those pages. FWIW it's good practice to put CAD details on a CAD detail page (find in your project browser) I stick to keeping them in CAD detail pages in plan. You can also place them in a CAD detail page in layout but scaling is more of a PIA in that case IMO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So you might have accidently placed it on your layout, either on page 0 (like Chopsaw guessed) or maybe on your current layout page but on a layer that is locked (less likely).  It's easy to see if it's on page 0 by just switching to page 0 and seeing if it shows up.

You might have also placed it on your plan but it seems like it would not show up so far outside of the layout box if you had.  If it was already on the plan when you sent it, then it probably would show up though.  It's easy to see if it is part of the plan by just temporarily deleting the layout box and seeing if it goes away.  If it doesn't, then it is not part of that plan view and if it does, then it is somewhere in the plan.  You should be able to open the plan, switch to the all on layer set, and see it when you use the fill screen tool.

If you want people to make any thing other than random guesses, then post the plan and the layout and someone will probably figure it out in a couple of minutes.

1 hour ago, DBCooper said:

So you might have accidently placed it on your layout, either on page 0 (like Chopsaw guessed) or maybe on your current layout page but on a layer that is locked (less likely).  It's easy to see if it's on page 0 by just switching to page 0 and seeing if it shows up.

I don't see any locked layers so not likely that.  Also page 0 is not a blind guess as there are two previous threads that I based that on.

Thank you all for the responses.  The solution was it was on layer 0 on layout and deleted from there and problem solved.

Your answers made me realize how sophisticated the program can be and how unsophisticated I am currently with the program.  I just recently purchased a license and I'm drawing plans.  

Thank you all.