Cabinet Pocket Doors

RobUSMC

It depends a bit on the door system you are using as I've used a couple of different types....

For eg full height floor to ceiling doors I usually place a cabinet partition where the external surface is, work out my hardware clearance and then either draw my cabinets without doors to the inner dimensions (then draw doors manually) or fiddle with a negative value on the reveal to have them showing doors...

IF you need to show these

20 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

cabinets with roll back pocket doors

If you need to show these both open and closed there are two options. One is two cabinets each on a different layer, occupying the same space. Use layerset to switch the view. 

The other way is to make door symbols- one for the doors closed and another for the doors open. You can then just drag the symbol onto the cabinet.

NOTE- if aligning doors is important talk with your maker. There are several different choices for hardware. The side reveals can vary from 5/16 to 0, there is always extra clearance at the top and bottom so you need to decide how you want to handle the adjacent cabinets and the sizing of the pocket door cabinet.

Attached zip file with video (a rarity for me so lets' hope :) showing changing the doors using symbols.

Pocket door w symbols.zip

Below is also an image showing the stages I went through to make the symbols for use with Accuride 123 hardware which has 5/16 reveal on the sides. I fudged the open door position and extension since did not find all the specs for that. 

image.thumb.png.8d01c3d2fc68fd6fc9e1118bf7fe9d8f.png

The open position doors are easiest to do by converting a correctly sized door to a fixture, altering the offsets and locking the sizes in the stretch plane tab. Then use them as a shelf -one left and one right. Make one, flip it, convert to symbol and alter origin and stretch planes. This took just over an hour. Once done it can be altered to other sizes and doors in less time.

• Upvote 1