bigger space gap between floor tiles in perspective view

antoine

There is no automatic way to increase the grout width since this is just part of the texture image.

You could use a different texture image for the material.  If you can't find one you like, you can always make one.  If you know how to use photoshop, you can modify an existing texture and make the grout lines wider.  There are also programs out there that will generate textures for you.

You can also just use Chief.  I have created my own textures by building a grid of 4 tiles and grout regions just using polyline solids.  If you shape the edges of the tile and make the grout areas thinner, it can look pretty realistic.  If you then create a top down orthographic view, resize your window to be something like 1024x1024, use fill screen and then export a picture you have a reasonable texture you can use.

If you need the grout lines to match in a vector view, that gets a little more tricky.

ok guys thanks for your impute, but your missing the point a bit.

I would like to know if it can be done in CA  and not using an exterior source.

example:- doors and windows have a rough opening space that can be specified to your desire, 

so like wise we should be able to space out a floor tile to our desired space.

why? because I hate having to cut tiles and having a small tile left at an edge someplace.

but if our full tiles are spaced even-ally with a bigger grout gap, we have a different type of tile presentation. 

They didn't miss the point. That's what you'd do, you'd use a customized texture / pattern. There is no 'slider' or stretch plane for a texture or pattern.

3 hours ago, antoine said:

I would like to know if it can be done in CA  and not using an exterior source.

Not really, but sort of. You can 'make' textures in a CAD detail by importing images and tiling them and/or overlaying them on top of other images. You can then export the completed view as an image which can be used as a texture image file source. 

8 minutes ago, antoine said:

but it is a long winded way around something just to get a larger gap

Somewhat. It only takes me a couple of minutes to make a new texture file. I often need to do this to get reasonably accurate brick textures or stone textures for a particular product that doesn't have texture files available. It is what it is.