File Management

RobUSMC

I need some help as to file management.  Our office is on a network and It is myself and our designer that works on plans. The issue is when either of us completes a layout that has imported pics or specs when the other goes to open the layout they are not there and you get the box that says it can't find the files.  All the files are located in the clients plan file folder on the network drive so we are both access them in the same saved location. The only difference is we are at two different PC's.  It is a real pain when she asks me to review a plan and when I pull it up half of its missing..  As far as the libraries, I have always synced them one a week or so and haven't had too much problems.

Is the file location path exactly the same from each of the computers? ie the file resides on a seperate server and the path is something like  g:\plans\2015\client\filename.

If it is like this it should all be there as the plans are supposed to look in the current directory first.

If the path is different fron each comouter you may have problems.

1. Perry:  File locking is on.

2. Graeme:  Yes the file extension would be the same     Y:\CAR Shared Folders\CAR Client Files\2015 Clients\Jones\Plan Files\As Builts   The only difference is from two different PC's.     Our system is a NAS drive 

3. Matt:  Yes....  we make a seperate folder inside the plans file folder more jpgs of appliance, fixture pics, exported elevations, etc.  Y:\CAR Shared Folders\CAR Client Files\2015 Clients\Jones\Plan Files\Plan Spec Drawings

I have not got chief on this machine, but the only other thing that I can think of is in the CA setup in preferences where you can input the file locations you have not inputed the same 'my data folder'.

We are all stabbing in the dark slightly, you may have to contact Tech support.