exterior rendering

decorators3

Hi

I have been watching the video tutorials on exterior rendering primarily the lighting features and effects .  Can anyone tell me about  PARALLEL lighting placed facing the buildings exterior??? I can't locate  anywhere.  Cad arrow does not convert ...also where do I find the lighting for the interior rooms that show a yellow glow .  I've tried the electrical but only see the auto  LGIHT for ceiling which is a light fixture not a glow.

Its probably so easy but for the life of me I can't figure it out.  My exterior renders are not bad but would be more affective with the features available in said video    

Much thanks 

Levina

I did what you suggested but I did not see any option for parallel light .. the screenshot attached shows the exterior rendering lighting specification dialogue options for night time rendering but does not explain how to create or find the parallel light.  

screen shot parallel light.png

In plan view you do 3D > Lighting > Add lights.  Click and place the light outdoors.  Circle with rays all around.  Then select it, open for spec, and change from point light to spot light, and then you can rotate and aim it in plan view.

Before now (X14?) you could do "parallel," but now they term it "spot."  Same effect.

• Upvote 1

In plan view you do 3D > Lighting > Add lights.  Click and place the light outdoors.  Circle with rays all around.  Then select it, open for spec, and change from point light to spot light, and then you can rotate and aim it in plan view.

You can click to to place a point light but if you drag you can create a spot light pointing in the direction you want.

I have been working on this feature for days but just cant get the look of the purple  shadows shown in the video as parallel lighting  You can click to to place a point light but if you drag you can create a spot light pointing in the direction you want.  have done this but still not working. sort of  a purple glow but  I end up having the blue spot light showing on the house.

When I use the Launch Assist for DARK I end up with the  Caustic feature which slows down ray trace

and when I uncheck the Caustic I loose the Launch Assist

Which one should I use EDIT OR LAUNCH ASSIST. 

Also when does the sun toggled off come into it ??

The videos are great and I am learning for sure but they are not perfect and do not explain the variation in the two ray trace options unless I am missing something.

I have been using  CA for many years and still playing with exterior ray trace issues.  My interior ray traces are totally different PBR works well but not for exterior tracing

You all have been very helpful and thanks in advance for your assistance.

Levina