Roof Soffits and Rafter Ends from Hotel Transilvania- It's got to be user error but why?

Archnot-Boltz

Well, I was going to put this post into Suggestions such as "Please Don't Make it so easy for this to occur" but figured it would get more traction here. Roof soffits seem touchy, sometimes they display correctly and sometimes they are screwed up by a roof or wall intersection.

I have attached two images and the obligatory plan file.

My solution, was to turn off Rafter Framing in Elevation and 3d views. And I'm sure my issue is caused by user error (but why so easy for an experienced user?)

thanks for any input.

-Brad

Soffit Spikes-HOtel Transilvania.png

Soffits-WTF Chief.png

Hotel Transilvania-RafterTails.zip

@Archnot-Boltz - In order to get a ceiling you have to create a room. No room - no ceiling. There isn’t a room below the cantilevered floor.

I usually just use a solid for this…but you could use invisible walls on the first level to create a room with a ceiling. This will work but can create all sorts of other issues to deal with. 

21 hours ago, SNestor said:

@Archnot-Boltz - In order to get a ceiling you have to create a room. No room - no ceiling. There isn’t a room below the cantilevered floor.

I usually just use a solid for this…but you could use invisible walls on the first level to create a room with a ceiling. This will work but can create all sorts of other issues to deal with. 

Exactly, why do I need a room under a cantilever that does not have a room under it. This is a huge issue with Chief that relates to interference and conflicts with Railings, Beams, Porch and Deck boundaries, foundations below porches, porch roof soffits, porch ceilings etc. I guess I really should take this to Suggestions. bb