Roof Materials Schedule - Where can I find Fascia, Soffit, Drip Edge?

wazzubrad

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

• Solution
On 6/6/2022 at 6:52 PM, wazzubrad said:

Anyone know how I can get the Fascia, Soffit, Drip Edge to add to the Schedule? I can't locate in the Category List, it's not under Roof Trim, in my setup anyways. But Frieze board, Gutter, and Ridge Cap is.

image.thumb.png.f68e68fb5a037841002c6e6d3831637e.png

To get them into a schedule you are going to have to add some custom Fields to your roof planes and then show them in your schedule:

image.thumb.png.815c91cb687c0402144ec45f4fc63c2a.pngimage.thumb.png.296f2b1c4bf9b0b5395526d92e594de0.png

You can add Global macros or custom ones.  Use a Object information macro pointed to the edge of a roof plane to see what can be added.  But globally you can get all of these:

image.thumb.png.092c22e60d091f80436be4e710f8cfa4.png

• Like 1

On 6/8/2022 at 10:35 AM, rgardner said:

To get them into a schedule you are going to have to add some custom Fields to your roof planes and then show them in your schedule:

image.thumb.png.815c91cb687c0402144ec45f4fc63c2a.pngimage.thumb.png.296f2b1c4bf9b0b5395526d92e594de0.png

You can add Global macros or custom ones.  Use a Object information macro pointed to the edge of a roof plane to see what can be added.  But globally you can get all of these:

image.thumb.png.092c22e60d091f80436be4e710f8cfa4.png

Ryan, this is awesome and very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

1 hour ago, wazzubrad said:

Ryan, this is awesome and very helpful. Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

Glad that was helpful.  

To give back to future users who may be searching for this you can mark the one that answers your question as the solution as well as mark other pertinent and helpful answers with upvotes and likes as well.

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

To give back to future users who may be searching for this you can mark the one that answers your question as the solution as well as mark other pertinent and helpful answers with upvotes and likes as well.

Also let us know how it works out.  Some of those values were not reporting correctly the last time I checked so make sure you are confident that that math is working before you publish the schedule.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guys. I am still going through this trying to get it dialed in and accurate. I marked Ryan's post as the solution, thank you for the reminder. Chopsaw, I am learning basics of Ruby as time allows so hopefully will get these custom fields dialed in and schedules will be correct. Thanks again