color /materials calibration Alienware

decorators3

Good Morning

I have a new Alienware laptop  M15 RYZEN R5.  Here is my issue.  Seems the  renderings are  different on both laptops but not sure if its because  of the CA software or my new Alienware laptop.   I see a big difference in the standard renderings as you can see by the SAMPLE IMAGES BELOW. There are no materials showing on surfaces on the alienware.

Can anyone direct me as to the problem . I have been going back and forth with  my license trying the CA X 11 on both, 

I have clients  that want to make changes to their designs and I have had to go back to my old TOSHIBA laptop in order to show the changes to blend in with their current design.

Is this an issue with my computer or color calibration or materials with the software??  I have been in touch with DELL techs several times to check color calibration on my new laptop .  the only issue with the color /materials is on my Alienware CA    Any sites regular google I look at seem to be ok .  

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Levina

toshiba standaard rendeering sample.jpg

alienware  standard rendering.jpg

Go to the computer with the rendering where you have textures showing, Save a backup copy of the plan file. This will save out all the associated texture files. Open that file on the laptop and see if that fixes the problem. I think you are missing the texture files on the laptop library. If so, you need to fix the library.

You should be backing up the plan file to an empty folder within the client folder.  Do not back it up to the CA Data folder.

I think the color difference is because you don't have textures turned on in the new computer. Try F6 as in your other thread?

If the Textures aren't Custom ?  (  if they are....Do a Full Plan Backup on old computer ......File>Backup Entire Plan> make Zipfile>Transfer Zipfile to new computer )

If only using Chief Materials then Chief should have them all on the Alienware by Default IF / Assuming you have installed the Core Content Libraries and any/all Bonus Libraries on the New Computer.

Mick.