Windows Into Corners

tdoyle

Go to solution Solved by tdoyle,

if its a Auto Bay window you may need to explode the Bay to resize the window 1st.....

you may also need to check the option for "ignore casing " on resize  in Defaults Plan

and set the minimum separation smaller in Defaults Windows

for less framing play with the setting in the Bay Window Options here:

post-315-0-08990000-1421288156_thumb.jpg

M

Not sure what you are after exactly, but when I frame out for a window, I need to have the "room" for, well, "the framing" the studs, trimmers, header  to properly install the window... not to mention room for interior/exterior trim. Your situation looks a bit "tight".

• Upvote 1

if its a Auto Bay window you may need to explode the Bay to resize the window 1st.....

you may also need to check the option for "ignore casing " on resize  in Defaults Plan

and set the minimum separation smaller in Defaults Windows

for less framing play with the setting in the Bay Window Options here:

attachicon.gifBay window Options Tab 1.jpg

M

Sorry this is a bit off topic but how do you explode a bay?

I know you can explode a dormer, but I don't see a similar option for bays.

• Solution
I was not using auto bay.

But I did figure it out.

Two things going on. The first was that even though "Use interior casing" was unchecked the default numbers were still interfering with moving the window in tight to the corner, setting those numbers at 0", even though I was not using interior casing allowed me to move the windows in tight to the corners.

The second, and would have made the first irrelevant, was checking "Ignore Casing for Opening Resize" under Default Settings, Plan, General Settings. Thank you Kbird1.

You don't explode the bay. When selecting the bay click on the window. This will select the bay. Now hit the tab key and you will now have the window selected to modify it.

Yes wrong term I guess..... I meant Open    to access the trimmer and components dialog

the tab key or next button will get you to the window itself that you clicked on instead of the Bay so you can adjust them individually , and tighter to the corners depending on framing and Casing etc. Normally each Auto Bay Window is sized automatically depending on Bay Size  and the framing and casing settings otherwise.

thanks Alan.

M.