Terrain Region Not Behaving as it should

buzzsaw204

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

• Solution
1 minute ago, buzzsaw204 said:

it seem to suppresses the entire Terrain Perimeter (@ 0') to the same -8' level.

Its because you haven't defined anywhere on the terrain as anything other than -8'.  You need to define somewhere as being 0' so Chief know where to slope to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You need to define somewhere as being 0' so Chief know where to slope to.

Yes,  but not necessarily 0",( or 0')  since that distance relates to the Terrain Height set in the Terrain Specification ( subfloor Height above Terrain), not Absolute 0 and in most places the Terrain needs to be 6"- 8" below the exterior Cladding for Code, so you may need to play with it a bit.

M.

yes, i get the point. just have to establish a "reference" elevation. whatever it may be, on your personal drawing method.

one thing to mention tho...i alway wonder why Terrain Perimeter is dimension Opposite relative 0"/0' height.

(+)12' to move the T/P down....and (-) to move Up.  this alway confuses me.

1 hour ago, buzzsaw204 said:

yes, i get the point. just have to establish a "reference" elevation. whatever it may be, on your personal drawing method.

one thing to mention tho...i alway wonder why Terrain Perimeter is dimension Opposite relative 0"/0' height.

Yeah same here but the elevation change is relative to the subfloor. So +12 moves the 'Subfloor Height Above Terrain' up which in turn moves the terrain down, in relation to the subfloor.

16 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

So +12 moves the 'Subfloor Height Above Terrain' up which in turn moves the terrain down, in relation to the subfloor.

Close :P ..........  It moves the Terrain down so the Subfloor is still at absolute 0" AND 12" above the TP......

M.

19 hours ago, buzzsaw204 said:

It's all in the name of the setting--Subfloor Height Above Terrain.  That is, its how far (height) the 1st floor subfloor (absolute zero) is above the terrain zero (sea level).