gaps above ceiling planes when using room dividers or invisible walls

JBi-PDX

19 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Is the trey ceiling set to inset into ceiling?

Thanks Ryan and apologies for not being clearer in my posts above but the problem is as soon as I go to full camera 3D view the tray ceiling button is grayed out so I cannot create a tray ceiling to 'inset into ceiling.'

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Chief's Tray Ceilings can be buggy especially in rooms like this or where Room Dividers are used so sometimes the tried and true methods work better ...ie a Polyline Solid with a Hole in it....

Chief's 2016 KB Article PDF  : Ceiling_Creating-a-trey-or-coffered-ceiling-using-polyline-solids.pdf 395.64 kB · 0 downloads

Yeah I can fake it for sure but was simply trying to duplicate Eric's work flow in his video above but I just noticed that I don't have and can't find the same icon he's using to create a tray ceiling in 3D. I have the Tray Ceiling Polyline Tool which is (now) obviously meant to draw a poly line in plan view and SHOULD be grayed out in a 3D view. I'm off to search for the 3D tray ceiling tool.

7 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

full camera 3D view the tray ceiling button is grayed out so I cannot create a tray ceiling to 'inset into ceiling.'

Did you Select the Room 1st ?  ( click on floor or Ceiling) then the Icon on the Edit toolbar?

All righty then. I am working on a lap top and the tools show up in different places and I completely missed the "Make Tray Ceiling In Room" tool on the bottom tool bar which I NEVER use on my desk top. Simply never looked down there for the tool staring me n the face. DOH! It even shows up on right in the screen shot I  posted, wow.

THANK YOU ALL for your patience as I earn my HumbleChief nickname..

6 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Simply never looked down there for the tool staring me n the face. DOH!

All good , we all have Homer ( Doh!) moments :)

and it sounds like you snuck a laptop into the mix too now ?

M

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

and it sounds like you snuck a laptop into the mix too now ?

Yup, wrecked my back and can't sit at my desk and can't walk so much either so not the best use case scenario. I sit in a recliner with my laptop and get nothing done lol. :P

2 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Yup, wrecked my back and can't sit at my desk and can't walk so much either so not the best use case scenario. I sit in a recliner with my laptop and get nothing done lol. :P

Well I guess you got that 3070 one way or the Other :) , sorry to hear about the back ....... 

(Psst...re-do your Signature)