Removing wall railings on a section of a staircase

carowe

I had a client request a change to railings and newels on a plan last Friday and opened up the plan this morning to make the changes.  It is a flight of stairs from the lower level to a landing and then up to the main floor. 1st section is open on both sides, second section is against the wall and they want railings only on the open side, which I had done - see first pdf below.  When I opened the plan today, I made the changes and a railing showed up on the second section and I cannot eliminate it - see second pdf below. I did download the X13 over the weekend.  Are there settings somewhere that I am missing?  I looked through the online help and several videos and cannot figure out how to fix this.  Help!

Stairs D2.jpg

Stairs 5-2.jpg

38 minutes ago, carowe said:

I had a client request a change to railings and newels on a plan last Friday and opened up the plan this morning to make the changes.  It is a flight of stairs from the lower level to a landing and then up to the main floor. 1st section is open on both sides, second section is against the wall and they want railings only on the open side, which I had done - see first pdf below.  When I opened the plan today, I made the changes and a railing showed up on the second section and I cannot eliminate it - see second pdf below. I did download the X13 over the weekend.  Are there settings somewhere that I am missing?  I looked through the online help and several videos and cannot figure out how to fix this.  Help!

Stairs D2.jpg

Stairs 5-2.jpg

If you want to modify individual sections independently, you have to shift select the section you want to edit. Then the railing settings will only apply to that section.