3D Solid (elevation) Area into Material Schedule

buzzsaw204

hi,

i have a piece of 3D Solid drawn on the Elevation and painted with a Hardie Board siding and I would like to show that Hardie Brd siding area in the Matr. List.

when i generate the Mat. List, it only calculate the Plan View area of that 3D solid, W x L = 1sf, into the Mat. List

how can i populate the 3D solid area (elevation view) into my Materials list.

Screen Shot 2022-05-01 at 11.14.59 AM.png

What is your goal?  A material list that shows quantity for the various Hardie plank areas of a project?

If your Hardie is set to, say, 6", for which the plank width is 7.25", the material list will return the quantity in lineal feet.  Just like in your example.  Something else needed?

1 hour ago, buzzsaw204 said:

hi,

i have a piece of 3D Solid drawn on the Elevation and painted with a Hardie Board siding and I would like to show that Hardie Brd siding area in the Matr. List.

when i generate the Mat. List, it only calculate the Plan View area of that 3D solid, W x L = 1sf, into the Mat. List

how can i populate the 3D solid area (elevation view) into my Materials list.

For solids, this does behave differently in X14 than in X13. You could report this to Chief to examine the functionality to see if it reports as Chief has intended.

In the meantime, you could use a material region. 

From your pics, you may need to redefine the Material as AREA not Linear  AND  you need to Edit the Materials in the Components Tab of the Solid

* Warning X14 just Hung (crashed) when I changed it to AREA here........  okay 4 1/2 mins later Chief allowed me back in...... grrrrr

image.thumb.png.28d44893c662c344bf94c79636be89b5.png

It seems Chief , even with Area specified ( above) is using depth X width for the area calculation  .... not Height (thickness for a solid) x width

image.thumb.png.1962048836d06477a0bd6cfbf5c6db94.png

Update.....

The Surface area is being calculated correctly so , you can use you own macro in the Count  row of the Component Tab to get what you need currently though this shouldn't be need 

(owner.surface_area/2).round(0)            for larger areas this is better   (owner.surface_area.floor/2).floor

image.thumb.png.a1c608a437d4d683ba9de3b4614c7c7a.png

On a related topic....

now that i have 4 Materials on applied on 4 - 3D Solid objects, and have the Area.

Can I generate/make a "Custom Schedule" be created for those 3D Solid objects?

basically, it's just taking that Material List, the Excel spreadsheet format, and making a "Custom Schedule" with 4 of those Column.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 12.18.36 AM.png

13 hours ago, buzzsaw204 said:

Can I generate/make a "Custom Schedule" be created for those 3D Solid objects?

I thought this was possible now in X14 but perhaps not?  

In which case Wall Material Regions could be used instead  if you need a Schedule and a Materials list.

M.