cabinets etc

decorators3

1 hour ago, decorators3 said:

for some reason any objects .. cabinets etc.  have an artwork finish that I used on a specific picture .. How do I get back to things back to normal

Thanks

Levina

cabinet for ca.JPG

Are these new cabinets you are placing?

If so, see this:

45 minutes ago, robdyck said:

There could be several reasons, but I'd suggest you start by editing or checking the material defaults.

Select: Edit>Default Settings>Materials

If it is existing cabinets in a plan then you probably used the plan or room painter mode when "painting" materials to an existing item.  If this is the case then you can select the Material painter tool, you will get a popup asking what texture you want to apply.  In that dbx there is the option to use the library or the plan materials on the left.  Select the plan materials list and at the very top of that list is Use Default.

image.thumb.png.7898dccd453d5f4142de23d819465cc6.png

Select this and make sure you are in Plan apply mode (It should pop up in the edit toolbar (OOB edit toolbar is at the bottom of the window).

image.thumb.png.f65264e355eece4fe97780d2ac04c1b6.png

Now apply that texture on ANYTHING that is showing that material on it.  

Moving forward I would recommend that you read this article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00793/using-the-different-material-painter-modes.html#:~:text=The Material Painter modes help,material to an object component.

Hope this helps.