X14 Layout Label Callout #'s

robdyck

39 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Correct.  But once you've numbered them you can link other Plan Callouts to the view and there's a macro to fill in that number.

OK, that makes sense. Thanks! For my first project with X14, I hadn't gotten to the section views yet, just the elevation views and I don't show those callouts in plan view.

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

If I'm not mistaken there is no automatic numbering of layout box label callouts, is that correct? We still need to number these manually?

It totally depends on what you mean by this.  What sort of numbering are you referring to?

I notice that the 'Automatic' check does not exist for the callout label of a Cross Section or Elevation camera.

So how do I get the camera's plan view callout label to match the layout box call out label?

3 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I'm looking to use the callout to create a number for the layout box. I was hoping that number would then display as the top portion of the plan view callout for that particular camera.

image.thumb.png.e7ebadd75b6e30ebc606ad1e29d8fc5c.png

Currently, you can use %referenced_view_callout_label% which will report the camera's callout label.  This way, the callout number in layout is automatically synced with the camera's callout label in plan view.  If you're looking for the other way around though, where the camera's label changes according to the label given in layout, then that's not something Chief has provided.

I was expecting this to be driven from the layout box to the camera view, but it is the opposite.

It's simpler to number and organize your drawings in layout, isn't it? 

Shouldn't the camera view plan display have the ability for it's callout label to be driven by the layout box?

This isn't a huge problem for a page of 1/4" sections that might only have 3-6 drawings on a page but it will still be a bit of a bugger for detail pages with many drawings per page.

45 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I was expecting this to be driven from the layout box to the camera view, but it is the opposite.

I believe you can do it both ways. see the video I posted in suggestions, it has the label configured in the layout box, and that is shown on the plan callout, but it is also for a detail, I did not try it direct to an elevation

edit: I dont think it will work for elevations as the macro is %linked_view_callout_label% which is not there for an elevation.

looks like it only works for user placed callouts. its interesting its not there for elevations, its almost like they did not consider it when they added the %linked_view_callout_label% feature. you might wish to ask for it. I suppose you could put in a user callout and link it to an elevation, but that seems like more trouble than its worth