Having trouble adding a backsplash - up walls.

bdillard1

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

• Solution

At my first quick look....

I think it could be because you have already used a Wall Covering.

Open the room dbx and delete the Wall Covering.

I am not 100% sure why this is happening - maybe you can't use a Custom Backsplash with a Wall Covering.

I will have a play and see if I can find anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you just want to add tile in the area you circled, you first need to add wall beaks then specify the wall material for just that section. Another method would be to use a Material Region (Build/Wall/wall Material Region).

• Like 1

The key to placing custom backsplashes and wall material regions is the angle of the camera.  Chief is not sure exactly which surface you want it to cover.  Try using a wall elevation camera which is directly at 90deg to the wall:

image.thumb.png.61feda5f538cc48a4c715101d11f4a50.png

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:43 PM, solver said:

Start your backsplash off the wall covering, or if the wall covering covers the entire wall, draw a new wall, draw a backsplash on it, then in plan, select the backsplash and drag it over to your wall. Delete the temporary wall.

22 hours ago, glennw said:

Seems like if you place the Wall Covering AFTER placing the Backsplash it works OK.

10 hours ago, bdillard1 said:

Thanks, I think I've made what I want.   Great tips!

That picture I am showing is of your plan.

All I did was open a wall elevation camera and place a backsplash over it.  Didn’t have to change the wall covering or so it after the backsplash.  It just needs to know which wall you want it on.  If it’s not sure you can’t just simply click on the wall but have to click and drag out the backsplash.

• Like 1