How do I show multiple lots on one plan?

JustinChase

I have subdivided one lot into 2 lots and am trying to draw 2 homes, 1 on each lot.  I want to designate the lot lines to show the 2 properties, but also include the 2 roads abutting the lots.  I made the lot(s) the terrain perimeter, but I now understand that the 3D drawing will only include what is inside the terrain perimeter, so I can't see the roads the way I've drawn it.

Is there any special "lot perimeter" designation I can/should use to designate the 2 lots, while drawing a larger terrain perimeter around the whole thing to include the 2 roads?

If not, what would you suggest to allow me to show the lots and the roads in the most encompassing and useful way, if that makes sense?

Disconnect the terrain perimeter from the lot.  trace it as it is now with 2d cad lines to show the lots but expand the terrain perimeter way out so that you can see around it including the road. 

Another trick is to draw the houses separately and change one of them into a 3d symbol and place it on the other house plan so that it does not slow down the file.

Some searches of the forum will help with the methods.

1 hour ago, JustinChase said:

Is there any special "lot perimeter" designation I can/should use to designate the 2 lots, while drawing a larger terrain perimeter around the whole thing to include the 2 roads?

I am not sure what the mystery is.  Draw a terrain that is bigger than the two lots so when you do a overview,  you see the two roads and the two lots plus they lots next door.

If you want to then show the perimeter of each property line,  copy the property line  and turn it into a terrain curb and paint it red.

Here I am showing the setback line but you can to the same with the P.L.

1176943406_ScreenShot2022-01-23at8_54_20AM.thumb.png.9f0868dfd93ff0e2c26b09f7bbf6911c.png

• Upvote 2

What I do in that situation (in fact I do it in all my plans) is to draw the Terrain larger than the lot(s) and then draw the lots using a thin Terrain feature - which will follow the contour of the terrain.

This allows me to then easily place things like roads outside of the lots.