spiral staircase with solid rail wall

stevenyhof

Yusuf,

You just beat me to it.
I had it figured out by using the top rail to build the wall and using the top rail height to drop the bottom of the solid rail down below the stair itself - the top of the solid rail remains at the set height.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, glennw said:

Yusuf,

You just beat me to it.
I had it figured out by using the top rail to build the wall and using the top rail height to drop the bottom of the solid rail down below the stair itself - the top of the solid rail remains at the set height.

Yeah Glenn, you got it. Sorry I should wait your response but I couldn't hang the OP since we were both posting and helping him in his thread seeking for help. Any ways I was sure you'll find out. And exactly your thought was where I started to think of the problem further. I just used an open railing with top rail only. Then adjusting the width and heights accordingly.

Thank you Glenn I may come back with other fun challenges in an other thread.

3 hours ago, stevenyhof said:

Very ingenious, Yusuf!

image.thumb.png.2df9b81996bc65222c15135afeedde38.png

image.thumb.png.0db2c144910764735e56007c082eb843.png

3 hours ago, stevenyhof said:

Here is what I have...

https://www.loom.com/share/97a8d4d7d505469ea195b3c8a7459e08

image.thumb.png.cbda5cb63ed10403ba672f72aa788a29.png

I do have some issue with my winders, they are not working and have a support ticket open. That might be my issue. I will update once I get an answer to that.

Thank you,

Steve

Hey Steve

Great you have got all the setting, I see you uploaded the dbx. You missed the other important setting to make the smooth transitions. The newel setting! 

Let me add a little more explanation.

How does the program calculate the railing on top of different sections in a railing? I found out that it depends on the newel spacing. If the newel spacing is set to 50cm and compare it with another one with 100cm spacing, you will see the former will have smooth transitions. 

Therefore, if you set NS=0 and (newel width = 0) you get perfect smooth transitions.

I watched your video and see you had issues with smoothness. Hope that helps.

20211127_202551.jpg

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, yusuf-333 said:

Hey Steve

Great you have got all the setting, I see you uploaded the dbx. You missed the other important setting to make the smooth transitions. The newel setting! 

Let me add a little more explanation.

How does the program calculate the railing on top of different sections in a railing? I found out that it depends on the newel spacing. If the newel spacing is set to 50cm and compare it with another one with 100cm spacing, you will see the former will have smooth transitions. 

Therefore, if you set NS=0 and (newel width = 0) you get perfect smooth transitions.

I watched your video and see you had issues with smoothness. Hope that helps.

20211127_202551.jpg

Thank you! That makes perfect sense! 

Perfection!!

image.thumb.png.596e7a3339b913fab082adfb0635670a.png

• 2 years later...

@glennw

@yusuf-333

Hey gents..  a quick question on these spirals staircases.  

I am just using the normal stairs, nothing fancy on the rails, etc..  however, its giving this "bumpout" when I get near the second floor deck.  How to I get this to NOT do this?  

I has to be a setting because the one I copied inward, does not do this.  

spiral 2.jpg

spiral 3.png

spiral 1.jpg