Gable wall with an arched ceiling

11181978j

Hey guys-

I'm struggling with the getting this gable wall to cut on the right side of the barrel vault I've created for this entry. It's leaving wall where the barrel should show and an open cavity where the gable wall should be covering the trusses. Thoughts to remedy this?

Thanks in advance.

Darren

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 3.54.14 PM.jpg

Welcome to ChiefTalk.  

Did you try pulling the ceiling plane back inline with the inner surface of the gable wall ?

It is sometimes difficult to trouble shoot a unique situation like that with out seeing the plan file.  You can post that here and one of the experts will take a look.

Also it is quite helpful to know what version you are using.

Thanks for the reply Chopsaw-

I tried setting the ceiling plan at all wall surfaces inside to out and it didn't make a difference. The original image I attached was actually when the ceiling plane was pulled out past the wall to cut it. Attached is the plan view. Version X13. Thanks.

Darren

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 4.29.33 PM.jpg

2 minutes ago, 11181978j said:

Attached is the plan view.

Sorry I meant the actual plan file.   .plan

David may be correct but it would be nice to know if the software could actually do it with the right combination of settings.

• 11181978j changed the title to Gable wall with an arched ceiling
45 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Try changing that to an attic wall and set it under the roof panel for roof cuts wall at bottom.

image.thumb.png.f1078e16f8a18b412e55c097bdd13a99.png

image.thumb.png.8169cad8a85922ae02d70adc1471e855.png

image.thumb.png.6b709044bd59636e044072a7c032f06e.png

In some cases you will need to give the Structure of your ceiling plane a 0 thickness as the scissor truss or rounded truss/rafter tends to cut-it off so you are better manually framing that if you need to show it, Or frame it with the proper thickness then turn off auto rebuild ceilings and change the ceiling plane back to 0 thickness structure.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1