X13 Rotated PDF's in Layout?

HumbleChief

• HumbleChief changed the title to X13 Rotated PDF's in Layout?
10 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Is the Original printed in Portrait Mode? 

I normally import into a CAD Detail and then send to Layout though....

M.

Everything printed in landscape and sent to Layout and looking OK. Reopen the file and they are rotated. Not every time and may not be able to duplicate behavior but has happened many times. Not a big deal, usually. This Layout has about 20 pages, all rotated. PIA. Anyone else seen this? I'll see if I can isolate the behavior.

Maybe I am missing something ?   ( *confused )

You are importing your own Plan PDF's to layout? 

Still that shouldn't happen , but maybe unique to you depending on the "process" you are using...

Mick.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Mick, I import various PDF's from my structural engineer, Title 24 calcs and other vendors, not Chief plan files. This happens to be a stock PDF file provided by the County that we can use for what we call Accessory Dwelling Units. It's about 20 pages of predefined plans and spec's. that I imported into a Chief Layout that I can modify as needed. All 20 pages are rotated after saving them in landscape mode. Not sure why yet...

6 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Mick, I import various PDF's from my structural engineer, Title 24 calcs and other vendors, not Chief plan files. This happens to be a stock PDF file provided by the County that we can use for what we call Accessory Dwelling Units. It's about 20 pages of predefined plans and spec's. that I imported into a Chief Layout that I can modify as needed. All 20 pages are rotated after saving them in landscape mode. Not sure why yet...

Ohhh duh...... sorry ,I was trying to tell what it was you were importing from the Pic above.

PDF's tend to slow Chief down, so I bring a lot of that stuff in as Images instead and click "Save in Plan" so perhaps,

that is why I don't see this happening here , but it does sound like one for Tech. Support, it is the 1st report I have seen of this

here, but that doesn't mean it is not happening to others who work similar to you.

M.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

It's been pretty consistent that my PDF files are rotated in X13. Anyone else see this behavior?

pdf rotate.png

If you do not check Save In Plan, the PDF box will always load from the source file when you open the plan.  If the pages in the source file were rotated, then the pages in Chief will be rotated as well.  Is this possibly whats happening?

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

If you do not check Save In Plan, the PDF box will always load from the source file when you open the plan.  If the pages in the source file were rotated, then the pages in Chief will be rotated as well.  Is this possibly whats happening?

Yes that's why I asked , I sometimes have to Print the PDFs to PDF again in the correct orientation especially if they are scanned PDFs.

Mick.

29 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

If you do not check Save In Plan, the PDF box will always load from the source file when you open the plan.  If the pages in the source file were rotated, then the pages in Chief will be rotated as well.  Is this possibly what's happening?

Don't think so as all previous PDF's (for many, many years) are sourced and loaded from a landscape orientation.

I THINK I know what's happening. It looks like it could be loading X12 Layout PDF pages rotated incorrectly when opening an X12 file in X13. Could explain it's seemingly random behavior as I don't really know which file is/was X12 and which was not. I just tested an old template X12 Layout file and when opened in X13 the template's PDFs I have in the X12 plan are all rotated. 

21 minutes ago, Kiwideziner said:

I have been having problems with PDF's being rotated some of the time, this is a change from X12 but still trying to find a consistent reason before sending to tech.

The main problem is it is not totally consistent so get confused.

I'm going to go with my theory above re: X12 Layout files. I'll see if I can find an exception to the theory...