Cannot get lines in plot lines elevation to change color in layout

GeneDavis

I have a remodel job in layout and want to show the existing building as if in the fog, with thin light gray lines, and the shadows in light gray.

Beginning with the elevation in the asbuilt plan file, I make sure I am in vector view, shadows on, pattern lines off, and do the export to layout using plot lines, checking ON for use edge line defaults, and for use pattern line defaults.  The pattern line check is not really needed, I guess, as patterns are OFF.  So off it goes and appears on the layout page.

I select the view, and go and change the edge lines to something like a line weight 3 and color to a light gray.  And get no change.

Why no change?

Thanks but still no workee.  I selected the layout box containing the elevation that came in as plot lines.  Changed the edge lines to thickness 1 and color to white, just to go extreme, and got nothing, even after updating view.

Images:  the asbuilt elevation in the plan file, shown vector view.  The layout with the elevation brought in as plot line image, point to point positioned, brought front forward.  The spec I did to try to make it a fade.

2021-08-02 22_45_50-Window.png

2021-08-02 22_46_16-Window.png

2021-08-02 22_46_46-Window.png

13 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I am doing all the pattern line checking, etc., to no avail.  Gonna have to do the fog masks and get this job done.

do you have Color enabled in Layout?   .......as your pics tell me No..... ie hit F8

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

COLOR!  That did it.  Thanks a bunch!

I forget to consider that setting sometimes for things like this because I have mine set (in Preferences) to Color Off is Grayscale (yours is set to Color Off is Black and White).  You may want to consider changing that setting if you prefer to see Grayscale in your drawings.