Need help with sloping terrain please

ladycoralie

Go to solution Solved by Mark3D,

Hello.

This is a plan of my house and I can't work out how to create a sloping block. In fact, I can't even see the terrain on my plan view to even try. It shows up on my overall perspective view though. I know the house model isn't perfect as I couldn't get the roof planes to join, but it is pretty close.

I'm now trying to work on the landscaping side of things. I have landscapers coming in August to start moving earth around and build retaining walls and such, and I thought I would try to give them some pictures from my model on what I wanted. However, I can't get the terrain happening.

The house is elevated on poles and the block starts at the top in front of the house and slopes down about 15 metres I think to the end. There is a flat pad out the front for the driveway, and a flat pad underneath the house. I am attaching the dwg ( which I can't open) and I think this shows the contours on my plan. I can't upload my plan as it is too big. It is in my One Drive. Do I provide a link to that or is there some other way to upload it here? I'm sorry, I can't remember how all of this works very well.

If anyone would be able to put the contours into my plan I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Lot 8.dwg

22 minutes ago, jasonN said:

try going up or down a level (storey). you can only see the terrain on the level you created it on

In plan view that is. You always want to be on the floor you wish to have your terrain visible in plan view when you import the dwg and when you order a terrain plane created.

DJP

• Like 1

Thanks so much glennw, John_Charles, jasonN, DavidJPotter, solver and Mark3D, for your advice and tips on where I put my terrain,sig and tutorials, how to show my plan, and what it looks like in a dwg. I don't know how my terrain ended up on the framing set. :wacko: 

I'm working on the tutorials now. Thanks Mark3D for helping me out by putting the dwg on the plan for me. Giving it a go now. I'll update on my progress!

Cheers. :wub:

Coralie

On 6/28/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mark3D said:

Here is chief file with cad in it to help with showing house position

Hi Mark3D,

I've tried putting the house on that DWG plan but I can't line it up with the driveway. It is supposed to be parallel to the driveway and in line with it from the western side. 

Here's the link to the plan. I can't find the handle to rotate it. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Are-_sUztG_A3zNiSItyhAs_NA6n?e=an0Die

The information that was on the .dwg is a whole lot of cad data.

ie, they are all (mostly - the driveways are a cad block) individual cad items.

I assume you want to leave the house where it is - which I would recommend - and move all the survey data.

You need to be able to group select all the survey data (block it if you want) so that you can move and rotate it.

I looks like you imported the .dwg all onto the one layer - Cad, Default.

I would not do that, I would import the data onto it's own layers - so that you can display only the information you need.

You will probably need to create some new layer sets to help do what you want.

1 hour ago, glennw said:

The information that was on the .dwg is a whole lot of cad data.

ie, they are all (mostly - the driveways are a cad block) individual cad items.

I assume you want to leave the house where it is - which I would recommend - and move all the survey data.

You need to be able to group select all the survey data (block it if you want) so that you can move and rotate it.

I looks like you imported the .dwg all onto the one layer - Cad, Default.

I would not do that, I would import the data onto it's own layers - so that you can display only the information you need.

You will probably need to create some new layer sets to help do what you want.

Hi glennw. That sounds really complicated. It's going to take a while to process that and figure it out. I really don't think I can do it though. Thanks anyway. 

• 2 weeks later...